Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1955 General Products 8" Illuminated Santa

Hello all, I was quite lucky this weekend during my regular yardsaling. I happened across a nice 1955 General Products Illuminated Santa, in quite nice shape. There are a few of the typical cord marks around the boot area, but very minor. He was clean, wiring in great shape, and went right into our collection. New England is a wonderful place to find all the older christmas goodies.....
According to the Electric Christmas Lighting Enclopedia, the value is near $60 A very nice addition to our collection. The book I have mentioned, is a wonderful reference book for those who want to know more about their electrical collection. They are available on ebay quite regularly on ebay for around $15, written by Greg Olson, and Cindy Chips. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Olson in person, and I can attest to his profound knowledge on the subject of vintage christmas electrical decorations.
All the best, Paul & Brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

desco instruments said...

I had visited your website which was really good General Productsr